| Posted on July 8, 2012, 4:22 p.m.
1. Characters are taken at their current state unless otherwise specified. If the characters are otherwise deceased, depowered, has become too OP, etc., then we take the characters a little before those things happened. 616 counterparts unless specified.
2. They start as they normally are. No prep time or additional resources except for what you can normally find in an urban city.
3. The arena is an occupied urban city that is ~50 square miles wide. Characters start on opposite sides of the field. Battlefield includes all the sky above and the earth below.
4. Characters have to incapacitate or force a surrender, but killing will result in disqualification. BFR will not count as a victory.
5. Characters are not permitted to leave the battlefield or force a draw by refusing to fight. Characters must eventually fight and a winner has to be decided within a day.
6. Characters are allowed equipment that they normally use, but they would have a limited supply.
7. The contestants are willing to abide by the rules and want to win.
8. A winner has to be decided--either by most hits during the entire battle or whatever. No draws.
9. If the characters have fought before, just assume that it's a rematch and that it won't necessarily go down the same way.
1. You can only vote once, but you can vote for both fights. You can choose to vote for only one fight if you want. You may change your votes at any time before the cut-off.
2. Cut-offs will be when the next match is posted, which will be between 3:30pm to 4:30pm PDT the following day.
3. In the event of a tie, I'll decide the winner. That's the only time I'll actually vote.
4. Relevant questions are quite welcome.
| Posted on July 8, 2012, 4:32 p.m.
Miss Marvel takes it over Spider-Woman. Absorbing Man vs Songbird ended in a tie, but the argument for Songbird has won me over too, so I'm giving her the win.
Right now it's a battle between two berserkers: Deathbird vs Wolverine. I'm not sure what's up with Deathbird and if she's in a coma or whatever, but if she is, then needless to say, this is before that happened. And Wolverine will be before AvX. I know they fought before, but let's assume that this is a rematch. Will it go the same way? (Most will probably think so. This was randomly generated, so I can't help it if the results turn out like this. =/ ) We also have Nick Fury vs Monica Rambeau, which is another case of normal guy with OP skills vs lesser known hero with superpowers.Today's Matches:[Deathbird vs Wolverine][Nick Fury vs Photon]Complete Bracket Here:
Round 1: [Husk vs Aurora
] (0:3) ; [Darkhawk
vs Mystique] (3:0)
Round 2: [Typhoid Mary
vs Namorita] (4:2) ; [Storm
vs Baron Zemo] (6:1)
Round 3: [Wolfsbane vs Nightcrawler
] (0:6) ; [Hobgoblin vs Scorpion
Round 4: [Victor Mancha
vs Domino] (4:3) ; [Dazzler
vs Armor] (4:3)
Round 5: [Silver Sable vs Carnage
] (3:4) ; [Black Knight
vs Ka-Zar] (6:0)
Round 6: [Luke Cage vs Wrecker
] (0:6) ; [Union Jack vs Spider-Man
Round 7: [Thundra
vs Winter Soldier] (0:5) ; [Beast vs Batroc
Round 8: [Sabra vs Cable
] (1:9) ; [Vision
vs Tigra] (10:0)
Round 9: [Deadpool
vs Falcon] (8:1) ; [Moon Knight
vs Misty Knight] (9:0)
Round 10: [Moonstone
vs Captain America] (6:4) ; [Surge vs War Machine
Round 11: [Diamondback vs Punisher
] (0:11) ; [Longshot
vs Bullseye] (7:4)
Round 12: [Lyja vs Thing
] (0:4) ; [Finesse
vs Patriot] (5:0)
Round 13: [Attuma vs Giant-Man
] (1:9) ; [Psylocke
vs Black Widow] (9:0)
Round 14: [Miss Marvel
vs Spider-Woman] (6:0) ; [Absorbing Man vs Songbird
| Posted on July 8, 2012, 5:19 p.m.
| Posted on July 8, 2012, 5:47 p.m.
Official Mienshao of the pokemon B/W and BW2 clans
Comic pull list: UXF, WatX, XML, Avengers Academy, Defenders, Secret Avengers, JLI, and Batwing
| Posted on July 8, 2012, 8:20 p.m.
Wolverine and Photon here too.
Final Fantasy Series Live Action Cast:
| Posted on July 8, 2012, 9:08 p.m.
I think Wolverine has enough experience to take out Deathbird (even with her ability to fly and his limitations of being heavy/limited to short range attacks), so I'm going to vote Wolverine.
For the second fight, I doubt that Fury (even with his know-how) is good enough to take out Monica without some kind of specialized equipment, so I vote Photon.