Here are some things I noticed and/or interesting stories:
1) Brazilian fans are dangerous and annoying:
5 seconds into the first fight they all began screaming "wazoo,wazoo" or "wa-zoo! wa-zoo!" (turns out that meant "brazil"). Really loud. But hey, that's ok.
Right behind me there was this FAT dude that screamed like an animal being slaughtered. And then he'd scream "YYYEESSS BBBAABBBYYY! BBAAABBYY OOHH YYYEESSS!" and then some stuff in portuguese. ALL THE TIME. But hey, that's ok.
They did dumb stuff like bringing soccer jerseys to "support brazil". No, not the national soccer team shirt, that makes sense. I am talking about local soccer teams. It's like bringing a LA lakers shirt to "support USA" when Tiger Woods is playing. But hey, that's ok.
When the event is over, I'm all happy because Silva won, and I rooted for Silva but... these guys screaming "wazoo", using flags as a "cape" and whatnot start doing weird jumps RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE EXIT. They wouldn't let me pass. I would try to avoid them and they'd donkey-kong jump in front of me. Then one of them grabbed his flag and RUBBED IT ON MY FACE. My friend was behind me and goes like "woo-what? back off" and they surround us and they start rubbing their flags on my friends' backs!!! that is not ok, you uncivilized *****. Did I mention one of my friends is british and we were all rooting for silva? Stupid *****.
2) That guy from DC (Easton) is building a fanbase.
There were a couple guys screaming and rooting for him and going like "yees!! D.C.!!!" even though his fight was horrible (not his fault though).
3) Forrest Griffin was in a meet & greet on some store in Mandalay Bay. He reeeaalllyyyyy looked like he didn't want to be there. I was going to get a pic with him but he looked so um, IDK, he had the same attitude Kristen Stewart has, like, that lifeless "ugh" or "I am smelling a dumpster" expression and lack of speech.He genuinely made me not want to get close to him or try to get a pic.
I know he is a fighter and not an entertainer, but if you have ever seen GSP or Jason Miller or even Jon **** Jones in an event you'd know they generally try to act like they are not annoyed to be somewhere and/or go Kristen Stewart on fans...
4) Many hot women went to the event.
5) When the guy who got his eye poked was down, they were passing the replay over and over. The crowd would go like "oooowww" and cringe. Poor guy I hope he is ok.
6) I met some really cool Chael Sonnen fans in the stadium. Yup, the classy fighter (Silva) has **** fans IRL, while the trashy one (Sonnen) has some awesome fans IRL. Nice, friendly fans, not like the chael "fans" that sometime post here.
Insert signature here