|Just watched the first season of Korra *spoilers* (1) | Posted on Oct. 8, 2013, 8:06 p.m.|
|Started slow but it became OK towards the end. Did NOT expect that ending for Amon though. Also it was obvious Korra would restore everybody's powers, it would be dumb if the Avatar can take away powers but not do it in reverse.|
|As an atheist, I think how happy christians are is what bothers me most. (9) | Posted on Oct. 8, 2013, 5:44 p.m.|
|So what did CE think about Age of Empires II HD? (2) | Posted on Oct. 8, 2013, 5:06 p.m.|
|Really rustles my jimmies when people copypaste from wiki in Yahoo! Answers (1) | Posted on Oct. 8, 2013, 4:20 p.m.|
|or those kind of sites. Grrrr.|
|So what did CE think about Age of Empires II HD? (1) | Posted on Oct. 8, 2013, 4:17 p.m.|
|Getting a nostalgia attack right now and wondering if I should get it. It's only 20.|
|Do girls really love if you "eat" them down there. (1) | Posted on Oct. 7, 2013, 9:07 a.m.|
|I've always wanted to see how it tastes. Will they indisputably fall in love with me if I focus on that?|
|Lol Medli thinks I'm taking her to do her duty (17) | Posted on Oct. 7, 2013, 9:03 a.m.|
|Am I the only one who read that hentai story about Link becoming a Rito to spend his life ****ing Medli?|
|Majoras Mask = Twilight Princess > OoT > Wind Waker > Skyward Sword (35) | Posted on Oct. 7, 2013, 9:01 a.m.|
alphagamble posted...100% correct opinion TC
Seriously. This is how I rank them too.
|LOL @ GTA V bad reviews on Amazon by customers (4) | Posted on Oct. 7, 2013, 9 a.m.|
|The second one is valid, Austin|
|List of board games I HATE HATE HATE. What board games do you HATE, CE? (4) | Posted on Oct. 7, 2013, 8:59 a.m.|
|No wait, the one I really hate is "Guess Who?". I hate it with all I am.|
|List of board games I HATE HATE HATE. What board games do you HATE, CE? (2) | Posted on Oct. 7, 2013, 8:58 a.m.|
|I dislike Clue. I think it's dumb.|
|I was confused by the picture Wikipedia uses for its "Series on Islamic Culture" (3) | Posted on Oct. 7, 2013, 8:57 a.m.|
|Should show something else though, like the Cordoba Cathedral or whatever|
|So, who lives in Mexico? (9) | Posted on Oct. 7, 2013, 8:50 a.m.|
I'm pretty sure I had already told you this
|Should I do a Pokemon Snap Let's Play? (1) | Posted on Oct. 7, 2013, 8:45 a.m.|
|So, who lives in Mexico? (2) | Posted on Oct. 6, 2013, 4:07 p.m.|
|What's up with all the Zombie games recently? (5) | Posted on Oct. 6, 2013, 2:06 p.m.|
|How's state of decay, btw? Apparently it got high 80s reviews, which must be good, right?|
|What's up with all the Zombie games recently? (1) | Posted on Oct. 6, 2013, 2:02 p.m.|
|State of Decay, now this "Dead Lingers" I'm seeing on Steam.|
|How do I make my characters stronger in FF IX? *spoilers* (6) | Posted on Oct. 6, 2013, 12:19 p.m.|
|>using white mage to attack|
|Why exactly is Skyward Sword disliked? (10) | Posted on Oct. 6, 2013, 12:06 p.m.|
|Compiled reasons from posters in Zelda boards.Incoming copypasta:|
1) Too much insultingly handholding text with too slow a text speed for the first few hours of the game. It got the point where I literally stopped playing and downloaded Gecko OS just to run a cheat code that made the text instant when you pressed A to speed it up.
2) The overworld (sky) is extremely ugly and boring, and it forces you to spend a lot of utterly wasted time transitioning between areas. The other areas are okay, but the music is lackluster for a Zelda game. Running in circles around these areas for quest items over and over isn't particularly interesting, but the repetition isn't game-ruining.
3) Once you finish the first six dungeons, you're basically done with all the fun and interesting parts of the game gameplay-wise other than the final fights. The last dungeon doesn't have any real theme and its puzzles are weak, and there's a huge chunk of extremely boring gameplay before it. The fire dragon's area was kind of decent, but the other two quests were just bad.
4) The Gust Bellows and Whip are just horrible items; the puzzles that involve them don't even pretend to involve any kind of thought other than using them on the appropriate objects in the only way they can be used. The Whip I can kinda give a pass since every adventure game seems to include an item that crosses specific gaps, but the Bellows is just boring to use and really ruins a lot of the Mining Facility when it just turns into wind-powered platforms and switches all over.
5) I don't care what people say, I still gain absolutely no enjoyment from the motion controls and more than occasionally have the sword register the wrong angle. But far worse is having to re-center my aiming with first-person view all the damn time, because it would just be too complicated to point where I want to look using the sensor bar, something I had no trouble with in other Wii games (unless they require precision like an FPS, in which case motion controls are just bad).
It also felt lacking in over content, and only 6/7 dungeons was a let down. I hated the repeated desert and volcano theme too, they should of had a general mountain instead of a volcano so that they could of had a snow area or something. We only had to wait 3 years for Twilight Princess and 5 years for this, and the longer you wait the more you expect. Also there's Fi in general.
-Too many fetch quests
-Far too much backtracking
-Controls can be a pain
-Sky overworld was drab and took too long to travel from
-Not enough interesting items to use in battle
-Annoying anime tropes, especially from Zelda
-Too many battles with The Imprisoned, all of which were more frustrating than the last.
I gave it a 4/10.
1. The story is complete garbage. Unless you really liked Zelda's character, which I hated, it fails to motivate you to progress through the game. You don't go around fixing problems the villain caused, rather, you just run through mazes to find Zelda. Nothing presents the feeling that you need to save Hyrule. Ghirahim was an amazing villain, until the completely neutered him of all possible motive at the end. Sword spirit stories are hard to pull off, and SS butchered it.
2. The combat. Not the motion controls. I loved the motion control. When I could freely swing my sword, I had a blast. The problem was that combat was just sword swinging jigsaw puzzles. You didn't need to time your attacks, or react to a brief opening, or create combos. That's what action combat is about. SS only focuses on directionality, and that caused combat to seem more boring
|Why exactly is Skyward Sword disliked? (11) | Posted on Oct. 6, 2013, 12:06 p.m.|
|3. The characters. This kind of plays in with the story. All of the characters that aren't Link, Zelda, Groose, Impa, or Ghirahim are boring and one dimensional. You don't empathize with them, or see their nontrivial struggles. Lets look at another Zelda game. In Wind Waker, you encounter Prince Komali and Medli. Not only are the Rito's having problems with the Gohma, but you see Komali struggling with the passing of his grandmother, and Medli trying to fill that void. It's a touching character relationship that you simply don't see in SS.|
4. The dungeons are good, but not Zelda good (except Skykeep). The dungeons in SS are too straightforward. Dungeons are suppposed to be mazes, so there should sometimes be a question of where to go next. I ran into this question multiple times in Twilight Princess, and Ocarina of Time had straight up non-linear dungoens. Skyward sword's dungeons seem more like an obstacle course, where you know exactly where to go, here are just puzzles you have to solve on your way. I'll admit, the Sandship and Skykeep were refreshing deviations from this, with Skykeep being one of my favorite dungeons in the franchise.
SS deservedly gets criticised for the following reasons:
Motion control swimming
Big empty sky with tiny islets, most of which are barren bar a chest.
Game sometimes misreads quick sword pre-positioning as a slash (electro boboklins)
Recycling/back tracking in the second half of the game
Only 3 real regions
Recycling the Demise fight was annoying
Aiming frequently goes haywire, press down to recenter is a patch job fix
Often by the time you recenter, you're facing in completely the wrong direction.
Every new Zelda game does something that legitimately rubs some fans the wrong way, that's why a section of the fanbase complains. Contrary to popular belief, these fans do not later proclaim the game a masterpiece when the next game is releasesd. The fans who do, are the ones who always liked the game, and didn't mind/notice the issues other players had with the game
|Just watched Watamote 8 (1) | Posted on Oct. 5, 2013, 10:38 p.m.|
|If this is supposed to be lighthearted comedy, how come it depresses me more than any "kill-them-all" mecha anime from the 80s/90s?|
|Crusader Kings II question (1) | Posted on Oct. 5, 2013, 3:35 p.m.|
|Started as the Ilkhanate in the earliest date it is allowed (2 December, 1127). Want to turn Christian and reconquer the middle-east in name of Christ, but what branch of the True Faith should I follow? The options are Catholic, Orthodox (dying as Rum took over most of anatolia), Miaphysite (that might be fun), or Nestorian?|
|If God is everything, does that mean he's also the devil? (6) | Posted on Oct. 5, 2013, 3 p.m.|
|Has there ever been a circumcised baby who after growing actually cares about it (1) | Posted on Oct. 5, 2013, 3 p.m.|
|I have seen the opposite, in which people are thankful they were cut as babies because it would be harder/embarassing/painful to do it as an adult, and they seem to universally like their cut penises anyway.|
I think it's generally uncut people being jelly those that complain.
|If God is everything, does that mean he's also the devil? (4) | Posted on Oct. 5, 2013, 2:57 p.m.|
|He already sent him to Hell. Also it's like asking why Goku doesn't destroy Pilaf.|
|Just watched an episode of Adventure Time and all I can think is... (3) | Posted on Oct. 5, 2013, 2:52 p.m.|
|If God is everything, does that mean he's also the devil? (2) | Posted on Oct. 5, 2013, 2:50 p.m.|
|The Devil is not supposed to be the opposite/rival of God, power-level wise. He's inferior, and thus is subject to God just as everything else is.|
|How is it that PC gaming was dying, then came back stronger than ever with (6) | Posted on Oct. 5, 2013, 9:26 a.m.|
|What Valve did is comparable to what Nintendo did in the 80s|
|That moment a poster kicks their own ass. (44) | Posted on Oct. 5, 2013, 9:25 a.m.|
ClearAFlagrantI posted...JackCayman posted...AIways posted...Did you really feel the need to post this here?
Wow, you suck! EVERYONE! TC SUCKS!
please ignore me
|How is it that PC gaming was dying, then came back stronger than ever with (1) | Posted on Oct. 5, 2013, 9:22 a.m.|
|everyone unanimously admiting it's superiority over consoles?|
|People who have had the same sig for years (10) | Posted on Oct. 5, 2013, 9:09 a.m.|
St0rmFury posted...I'm never letting SBAllen forget he spouted that rubbish.
The mystery board where mods go to laugh at the infortune of regular users regarding moderations
|People who have had the same sig for years (1) | Posted on Oct. 5, 2013, 8:56 a.m.|
|*does her janpuu dance* (1) | Posted on Oct. 4, 2013, 8:54 a.m.|
|*does her janpuu dance*|
|Well that came out of nowhere **Attack on Titan MANGA SPOILERS** (15) | Posted on Oct. 4, 2013, 8:42 a.m.|
It was an absolutely moronic way to reveal it, as if the writer just decided, on that page, to make them titans. It came out of the blue for no reason with no explanation. There was no lead up, no logic behind it, and contradicted every element of those characters up to that point. It's just bad writing.
The reason why Berthold and Reiner didn't hint their identities even when alone, it's because they got into their roles so diligently they kinda developed an alternate persona.
|Texas man will NOT be charged for beating child rapist to death. (8) | Posted on Oct. 4, 2013, 6:52 a.m.|
|The blood is in his hands, and the memories will haunt him for the rest of his life. That's punishment enough IMO.|
|ayyo lost_in_forest (45) | Posted on Oct. 4, 2013, 6:50 a.m.|
|I'm not angry at you.|
|Tom Clancy's dead!? (1) | Posted on Oct. 4, 2013, 6:49 a.m.|
|Wow, nobody told me.|
|The idea of spoiling a Pokemon game is ridiculous *spoilers* (1) | Posted on Oct. 4, 2013, 6:44 a.m.|
|They are the same always. You get 8 badges while you fight Team Evil, encountering the champion a few times along the way, then you reach the Elite Four, beat and become the Champion although the game hardly reacts to your new position, then there maybe be a Battle Frontier type of thing, and finally, a Super Champion hermit hidden somewhere with lv.70 pokemons|
|Omg the girl I like is a nerd. (5) | Posted on Oct. 4, 2013, 6:38 a.m.|
|I'd say american comics are nerdier than anime|
|Warrior, Mage, or Thief? (37) | Posted on Oct. 4, 2013, 6:37 a.m.|
Arcvalons posted...hm i see
But Warrior/Mage/Rogue are the most basic and known ones
|So if the government isn't turned on in two weeks, USA defaults and it's the end (6) | Posted on Oct. 4, 2013, 6:36 a.m.|
|So if the government isn't turned on in two weeks, USA defaults and it's the end (1) | Posted on Oct. 3, 2013, 8:03 p.m.|
|of the world as we know it. The dollar will be worth less than a Yen, and well, might as well have lost the Cold War.|
|Warrior, Mage, or Thief? (22) | Posted on Oct. 3, 2013, 7:10 p.m.|
|hm i see|
|ITT: Your unpopular anime opinions. inb4 this topic is made every week (26) | Posted on Oct. 3, 2013, 7:02 p.m.|
A lot of the fanfiction`s for DBZ are sometimes better than the official arcs
|My Steam playtimes just reset (14) | Posted on Oct. 3, 2013, 3:53 p.m.|
|>_> a lot of that time the game was running in the background...|
|My Steam playtimes just reset (10) | Posted on Oct. 3, 2013, 3:28 p.m.|
|So it's not just me?|
|Warrior, Mage, or Thief? (1) | Posted on Oct. 3, 2013, 1:19 p.m.|
Warrior, Mage, or Thief? - Results (104 votes)
29.81% (31 votes)
44.23% (46 votes)
25.96% (27 votes)
Warriors are like, dumb. Mages are obnoxious smartasses. Rogues are practical people, survivors.
|My Steam playtimes just reset (1) | Posted on Oct. 3, 2013, 12:54 p.m.|
I had 1000+ hours in CK2 now it's 17 minutes
same in other games
|Mega Gengar (2) | Posted on Oct. 3, 2013, 12:44 p.m.|
|What is that even|
now his rival alakazam needs something too
|Come on, just lower the crown of authority! Crusader Kings II (14) | Posted on Oct. 3, 2013, 12:34 p.m.|
|Playing as a loyal vassal is fun sometimes.|