|so.. no good exclusives again this year for PS4? (6) | Posted on June 9, 2014, 9:12 p.m.|
|A Lower Class Brat posted...|
There's Grim Fandango.
Not exclusive, and is it even coming out this year?
|Rate Sony's E3 conference. (51) | Posted on June 9, 2014, 9:05 p.m.|
|- Mortal Kombat X looks fantastic. It's great to see so many new faces in the series. Hopefully, it's even better than the last game, which was excellent.|
- The Last of Us Remastered is what it is. It doesn't excite me since the game just came out last year.
- Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain looks good, but I'm just done with that franchise. The story has become a nonsensical mess.
- GTAV Remastered was announced. Please see my The Last of Us Remastered comments.
- Batman: Arkham Knight got a new trailer, and the game looks good, though I think Rocksteady are losing sight of what makes Batman who he is. I hope this is the last one, and they move on to tackle a new IP.
- Uncharted 4: A Thief's End got a shiny new teaser. The only new info we got is that Nathan Drake is back. Shocking. This is actually the perfect game to end the conference, since it carries the general message across very well: Forget about 2014, just think of how awesome 2015 will be!
Missing in action: DriveClub, Final Fantasy XV, Kingdom Hearts 3, and The Last Guardian. Vib Ribbon was teased twice for seemingly no reason. PS Vita got scraps.
My overall score for Sony: 5/10. Next year, focus more on the year at hand, and also improve the flow and presentation of the event.
|Rate Sony's E3 conference. (50) | Posted on June 9, 2014, 9:04 p.m.|
|Here's my rundown / thoughts on the conference as a whole:|
- Destiny looks very "meh". The visuals didn't really impress me, and the entire trailer felt very much like it desperately wants to be Halo, almost as though Bungie can't escape the shadow of their mega franchise. Not impressive, and actually disappointing given the hype the game had behind it months ago.
- The Order: 1886 looks absolutely rubbish. The visuals are stellar, but the gameplay just looks terrible. Hopefully there's much more to it than what was shown, because it appears to be a ho-hum third person shooter designed around scripted scenarios and quick time events, and the way it was all rolled out just seemed very drab and boring.
- Entwined looks nice, but there didn't appear to be much to that game. It looks like something that would be a neat 99 cent app to try for a few minutes, but I wouldn't pay $9.99 for it.
- InFamous DLC didn't really pique my interest, but I'm not a fan of this franchise. Maybe fans of the other games would be excited for this one?
- LittleBigPlanet 3 is the last thing I wanted to see today. Media Molecule has yet to make a truly good game, in my opinion, as each of their two existing designs is hindered in some ways. Tearaway lacked challenge and didn't actually feel like a solid platformer until the final area of the game, but it was the better design of the two. Little Big Planet has always felt like a sloppy, floaty mess of a platformer, and the gameplay makes it look like nothing has changed this time around.
- Bloodborne has absolutely piqued my interest, and the trailer looked incredible, but there wasn't much shown. The 2015 titles, of which there are many, don't do much for this conference, in my eyes, as they're basically glorified teaser trailers.
- Far Cry 4 is Far Cry. I honestly could not get even slightly excited for this game. I was bored just watching it play.
- Dead Island 2 had a terrible trailer. Why does this game even exist, exactly? The first game got a pretty damn mediocre reception overall.
- Magicka 2 is something I'm excited for, but the trailer wasn't impressive. I'm not sure how you'd do an impressive trailer for this title, but that wasn't it.
- Grim Fandango Remastered was announced. How hyped was I for that picture of Tim holding that letter? Not nearly as hyped as I would've been for a full-on trailer.
- Let It Die. Appropriate title for my feelings about this one.
- Abzu looks amazing. I'm psyched to try that out. I wasn't at all interested in Journey, but this one looks like a winner.
- No Man's Sky is, so far, one of the most impressive games I've seen at E3. The visuals, the concept, and the general design just seem incredible. Unfortunately, I doubt this game releases anytime soon, and by that I mean I bet we see it late 2015.
- Ratchet & Clank Remastered was announced, after the boring trailer for the movie. I have the HD Collection. Why would I need this?
|YES!!! Prepare to eat CROW NGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (20) | Posted on May 23, 2014, 6:02 p.m.|
Theninja2004 posted...OctilIery posted...lol
This is simply not true.
|Hideo Baba confirms that Tales of Hearts R is coming to the west in 2014 (15) | Posted on May 22, 2014, 6:44 p.m.|
|This was announced weeks ago.|
|IGN checks out the Retron 5! (plays NES/Fam, SNES/SFam, Gen/MegaD, GB/GBA games) (21) | Posted on May 22, 2014, 5:54 a.m.|
|An XRGB mini is a better investment.|
|Rovio 2013 net income down 52% vs. 2012 net income (4) | Posted on May 21, 2014, 3:58 a.m.|
|Angry Birds came and went. Minecraft is what all the kids are playing now.|
|Nintendo shutting down WiFi for the previous generation is a disgrace (17) | Posted on May 19, 2014, 8:18 p.m.|
And you all want Digital Distribution to be the future. HA! Another reason why digital distribution sux. Nintendo's WIFI is going down. Something similar will occur when Microsoft or Sony will inevitably take down their servers soon. Companies go bankrupt, acquisitions happen, companies close down stuff. And its the conseumer who loses.
Digital distribution for games will still be up. You can still buy Wii Ware and Virtual Console content.
|What notable games am l missing from my original Xbox collection? (14) | Posted on May 19, 2014, 3:44 a.m.|
|Outrun 2006: Coast 2 Coast|
|Gaming magazine in 1985 said Nintendo was doomed to bring the Famicom to US (6) | Posted on May 15, 2014, 8:05 p.m.|
|Never released? This article is from 1985. The Atari 7800 released in 1984! Sure, it was limited release, but it launched!|
|So I bought a Sega Saturn today... (22) | Posted on April 27, 2014, 9:43 p.m.|
|It was not Panzer Dragoon Saga, I assure you. It was mostly sports games, I believe, and not the ones that people talk about.|
|So I bought a Sega Saturn today... (19) | Posted on April 27, 2014, 7:46 p.m.|
good thing i bought my saturn when they were cheap
The dude who sold me the Saturn offered me a bunch of disc-only Saturn games free, but they were mostly trash so I passed on them.
|So I bought a Sega Saturn today... (13) | Posted on April 27, 2014, 8:50 a.m.|
No the flea market at the Meadowlands parking lot outside of MetLife Stadium. I have been going there fir years and has been a haven for retro games and consoles. It is where I bought my Dreamcast, NES, Saturn among other retro games but you just gotta find the right sellers. I live in Paterson so its like 20 minutes to get there, not very far. Highly recommend it.
I'll have to check it out next month, thanks! I live in Elizabeth, so it shouldn't be that far from me.
|is there a fan remake of the very first Zelda? (9) | Posted on April 27, 2014, 8:45 a.m.|
|You can try getting a reproduction cart of BS Zelda. It's an SNES-styled remake of Zelda 1, and it's pretty decent.|
|So I bought a Sega Saturn today... (11) | Posted on April 27, 2014, 8:43 a.m.|
Round buttons on the system.
|So I bought a Sega Saturn today... (10) | Posted on April 27, 2014, 8:42 a.m.|
I managed to get one 3 weeks ago although at a flea market in Jersey with Daytona USA for $35 but I need more. However you mentioned Digital Press which I almost forgot about.
By flea market, do you mean Englishtown, by chance? I was just there a week ago, and there was very little in the way of games. All I got there was Mega Man & Bass (GBA) for $8 and Smash TV (NES) in box for $15. I didn't care for the box, which was in horrible shape, but it had the Smash TV poster inside in excellent shape.
|So I bought a Sega Saturn today... (6) | Posted on April 27, 2014, 8:23 a.m.|
Not bad. What games are you looking into?
I'm primarily looking into getting Sega Ages and importing Power Drift, plus trying out some of the shmups for the system, but I'm in no rush.
|So I bought a Sega Saturn today... (3) | Posted on April 27, 2014, 1:17 a.m.|
Meh, $40 is what it's worth, I wouldn't call it a "deal"
Sadly, I've had difficulty finding one in the past around here, and when I have, they've been between $60 and $70. Maybe I've just had bad luck.
|So I bought a Sega Saturn today... (1) | Posted on April 27, 2014, 12:46 a.m.|
|I was at Digital Press in Clifton, NJ today, where they were doing some sort of monthly swap meet sale, and managed to snag a Sega Saturn w/ a relatively new battery for $40. Unfortunately, I missed out on Sega Ages for $45, which was sold earlier. Still, I thought it was a sweet deal, even if I couldn't snag the game I most wanted for it. Next, I'll need a 4MB Action Replay for imports.|
Did I get a sweet deal?
|Anyone else thinking of picking up multiple copies of Tales of Hearts R? (4) | Posted on April 25, 2014, 1:57 p.m.|
nope cause that's a dick thing to do.
Bingo. One and done.
|PS4=Dark Knight, Xbone=Dark Knight Rises, Wii U=Batman Begins (32) | Posted on April 25, 2014, 8:39 a.m.|
Literally they're all the worse movies I've ever seen -_- Not. 90% are awesome movies to watch with friends or on dates.
I don't care about being cool or not. Those movies are ass, though. The villains suck, the stories are generally lackluster, and despite being action movies, they have very little action.
|PS4=Dark Knight, Xbone=Dark Knight Rises, Wii U=Batman Begins (20) | Posted on April 24, 2014, 8:07 p.m.|
|It's the right opinion.|
|PS4=Dark Knight, Xbone=Dark Knight Rises, Wii U=Batman Begins (18) | Posted on April 24, 2014, 7:50 p.m.|
|Guts Dozer posted...|
So the Vita has a lot of good and bad? I thought it was mostly bad.
TBH, the Marvel Cinematic Universe movies all suck with the exceptions of Avengers and the two Captain America films.
|PS4=Dark Knight, Xbone=Dark Knight Rises, Wii U=Batman Begins (13) | Posted on April 24, 2014, 7:30 p.m.|
So none of them are as good as the ones we got in the 90s? Sounds about right to me.
Oh no... no...
Please be joking...
|bob's game kickstarter (18) | Posted on April 24, 2014, 12:46 p.m.|
It's pretty much a perfect personification of the "indie scene".
|Wii U is dead in Japan (20) | Posted on April 23, 2014, 1:17 p.m.|
With games like Final Fantasy XV & Kingdom Hearts III coming out, you're gonna be looking like a fool.
Those games are coming out in 2015 at the earliest.
|Wii U is dead in Japan (8) | Posted on April 23, 2014, 9:23 a.m.|
|PS4 is following a similar trajectory in that region.|
|Media Create Sales: Week 16 (4/14/14 - 4/20/14) (36) | Posted on April 23, 2014, 9:14 a.m.|
Are you sure about that bro? The age of the Otaku and NEETs are coming with SAO as the figurehead and there's nothing out there could possibly stop such a terror from eclipsing Japan. Not even Miyazaki has any faith in his industry anymore.
Persona Q is iffy. If it sells like a regular Persona game, it could win. SSB will destroy it. Remember, the last Sword Art Online game, released last March on PSP, sold only 138k in it's first week. Vita is a system with a smaller user base. I'm not sure if the new game will hit that high.
For comparison, SSBB on the Wii sold over 800k in it's first week. 3DS is a handheld in handheld land. It should be a slaughter.
|Media Create Sales: Week 16 (4/14/14 - 4/20/14) (32) | Posted on April 23, 2014, 9:09 a.m.|
bet your account on it
Against someone with more Karma, I would, but against you? Pffft!
|Media Create Sales: Week 16 (4/14/14 - 4/20/14) (28) | Posted on April 23, 2014, 8:38 a.m.|
I was going to say SSB4 3DS and Persona Q will hold the fort no problem but then I remembered SAO Vita is coming out and Japan worships its anime...
I'm pretty sure both SSB and PQ will slaughter SAO...
|Media Create Sales: Week 16 (4/14/14 - 4/20/14) (23) | Posted on April 23, 2014, 8:20 a.m.|
Where are the 2DS sales, I'm actually kinda interested in how that's doing over there.
Not out yet.
|Media Create Sales: Week 16 (4/14/14 - 4/20/14) (18) | Posted on April 23, 2014, 8:02 a.m.|
|3DS on top yet again. Maybe Famitsu or Dengeki will be more forgiving to the Vita?|
|Two Tribes thinks the eShop was the work of amateurs. (15) | Posted on April 23, 2014, 8:01 a.m.|
|The only compliment I can give the current eShop is that it's not broken. Ironically, I think the Wii Shop Channel was a little easier to navigate when looking for Virtual Console titles.|
|Bandai Namco reveals new original fighting game, Rise of Incarnates (12) | Posted on April 23, 2014, 12:31 a.m.|
|This game is in desperate need of a new art direction.|
|if Nintendo decides to DLC pokemon, I quit Nintendo forever (7) | Posted on April 22, 2014, 11:35 p.m.|
|He'll complain about anything that Nintendo does or does not do. That's his hobby and his passion.|
|if Nintendo decides to DLC pokemon, I quit Nintendo forever (4) | Posted on April 22, 2014, 11:25 p.m.|
|Can you quit posting about Nintendo forever?|
|1 month until the Xbox One surpasses the PS4 (2) | Posted on April 21, 2014, 9:56 a.m.|
|While anything is possible, things are looking grim for Buckets...|
|Did you ever play dopey "edutainment" games as a kid? (16) | Posted on April 21, 2014, 9:18 a.m.|
|I played Fennel's Figure Math, Dr. Sulfur's Night Lab, and a few others.|
|Should Sonic Team remake Sonic 06? (23) | Posted on April 21, 2014, 9:16 a.m.|
|Sonic Adventure 1 sucked, Sonic Adventure 2 sucked even more, and Sonic 2006 sucked the most. These games need to remain dead and buried. The only thing of value within them, the Sonic gameplay and stage designs, were taken and improved upon with games like Unleashed and, to a much greater extent, Colors and Generations, and the current Sonic games are exploring new gameplay designs. |
I suspect, moving forward, the games will branch out into those that follow on the ground work laid out by Lost World, and then there will be those that follow Sonic Boom. For better or worse, Generations was the death of the last remnants of the Adventure games.
|Any estimation as to how long the 3DS and the Vita's lifespan will be? (27) | Posted on July 8, 2012, 8:39 p.m.|
the 3DS is dead, it got absolutely no sales boost from Pokemon BW2
Vita is dead, because no game has saved it thus far, and the lineup looks atrocious.
|Any estimation as to how long the 3DS and the Vita's lifespan will be? (12) | Posted on July 8, 2012, 6:10 p.m.|
3DS will only last until Nintendo comes up with a new gimmick.
Vita will only last until Sony runs dry.
|resident evil zero & resident evil remake coming to xbla/psn (10) | Posted on July 7, 2012, 4:23 p.m.|
|Tales of Xillia announced for North America and Europe (46) | Posted on July 7, 2012, 10:18 a.m.|
|LulzBro doesn't understand that selling more copies doesn't mean being more profitable. What a joke.|
|Tales of Xillia announced for North America and Europe (25) | Posted on July 6, 2012, 12:32 p.m.|
|LulzBro, Graces F flopped, and that benefitted from the masses demanding more Tales games. Xillia 2 won't come if this bombs.|
This will likely sell even less.
The real news is Namco having zero faith in Vita.
|Tales of Xillia announced for North America and Europe (21) | Posted on July 6, 2012, 12:04 p.m.|
Game will bomb, sequel won't make it over.
This, probably. I guess they see this being less risky than Innocence R?
|All of this "Vita is dead" crap reminds me of "PS3 has no games" circa 2006/7 (59) | Posted on July 5, 2012, 1:52 p.m.|
Is anybody but me surprised that they're still making games for the Vita?
|RUMEUR: Sony to reveal PS3 Slim at Gamescom (35) | Posted on July 5, 2012, 10:57 a.m.|
|This is the third year that LulzBro is babbling on and on about a slimmer PS3.|
|Media Create Sales Jun 25-Jul1- White Vita, Fatal Frame 2, MGS HD Vita (21) | Posted on July 4, 2012, 4:21 p.m.|
|Even a new color did little to help Vita...|
|I'm finding the DS Legend of Zelda games to be vastly under-rated (12) | Posted on July 4, 2012, 3:04 a.m.|
|Both games are terrible. The only redeeming qualities, imo, are the art style (I love Wind Waker's art style) and that a few of the characters are interesting.|
|All of this "Vita is dead" crap reminds me of "PS3 has no games" circa 2006/7 (12) | Posted on July 3, 2012, 7:13 a.m.|
|It can't keep it up, though. Sales are slowing down, not picking up.|